Hungry? Cape Cod readers recommend where to find the best burgers, clams, BBQ and more.
1. The vertical clearance above mean high water: 135 feet
2. Total height above mean sea level: 271 feet
3. Number of Tracks: 1
4. The bridge is kept in the raised position until a train needs to cross
5. Time to Lower: 2.5 minutes
6. Length of Center Span: 544 feet
7. Center Span Weight: 2,200 tons
8. Original Cost: $1.56 million
9. When constructed, it was the longest vertical lift railroad bridge in the world
10. The bridge underwent a massive rehabilitation from 2001-2003. Work included new paint, new counterweight cables, new operating and electrical s s system and rehabilitated sheaves.
For much more detailed information about the railroad Bridge please click on the link below……